- Better corrosion resistance than galvanized rods, achieving a life of up to 30 years in most soil types
- Better mechanical characteristics than non-metallic chemical electrodes
- Manufacturing processes use the latest technology, which ensures a uniform application in the copper coating thickness
- Average tensile strength of 80,000 psi and a tolerance of 0.25 mm fold for every 30 cm
- Exceeds the requirements of the standards ANSI®/UL® 467-1997, CSA® and ANSI/NEMA® GR-1
- Standard ground rods are marked with the E logo, year of manufacture and lot number, as well as the part number
In a grounding system, the ground electrode provides the physical connection to ground and is the preferred method used to dissipate current to the ground. There are 2 basic types of electrodes. The first is a natural kind, which is intrinsically within the installation, including all the metal buried like water pipes, the structure of the building (if it is effectively connected to the ground) and the reinforcing metal for concrete foundations.
The second type of electrode is a manufactured ground rod. These ground rods are installed specifically to improve the performance of the grounding system, which include mesh and mats, metallic plates, bare copper conductor, and rods directly buried in the ground.
The ground rod is the most commonly used type of electrode. ERICO is the world’s largest manufacturer of ground rods and offers a complete line of ground rods and accessories to accommodate various types of customer requests. The ground rod consists of a steel core and a copper coating that is applied using an electrolytic process, which guarantees a permanent molecular bond, providing a good dissipation of the current during its life.
* This ground rod meets the CFE-56100-16 specification. NOTE: ERICO also manufactures other diameters and lengths by request.
Ground Rod Brochure PDF
TYPE “CC” COMPRESSION COUPLERS FOR COPPER-BONDED GROUND RODS
- The compression coupler is installed easily and quickly without the risk of separating the rod.
- It is made of high resistance silicon bronze.
- The 2 rods are connected at their ends by the compression coupler, forming a conductive connection.